This page will provide update information, guidance and documents related to our response to Covid-19 as we exit Lockdown. We are going to be following Government Guidelines closely and allowing only what is legislated to take place in the venue.
As a Community Centre we have been advised we can reopen to members of the public and organisations to provide facility space for a small amount of allowable activities.
From 4th July, 2020, Allowable Activities for Hirers
- Meeting Space for up to 30 people
- Workshop Space for a maximum of 30 people
- Training Space for a maximum of 30 people
CBGC will ensure the following is in place for all bookings for the foreseeable future;
- Rooms cleaned after each use
- Hand Sanitiser available on entry too the building
- Hand Soap in all toilets
- Regularly cleaning of communal space throughout the day
- Fully implemented track and trace system
- Social distancing of 2 metres where possible but minimum of 1 metre plus for all sessions.
What we expect of Hirers and users
- To not enter the site if they show any Covid-19 Symptoms
- To ensure they provide CBGC with Name, Address and Contact Number – This is mandatory
- Ensure throughout there booking they adhere to social distancing
- To clean room throughout booking – Cleaning Equipment can be provided
- Advise users where two metres social distancing can’t be kept to wear face masks
- To not allow users to hang around in communal areas
For more information or to make a booking please use the contact us function
There has also been new guidelines around the provision of Holiday Provision Activities for young Children. As a community centre we are able to provide a space for organisations to run sessions but will also be running a number of our own sessions and will ensure we have the following in place for all sessions taking place at CBGC.
- Maximum number of 15 young people per session per space
- Minimum of 2 staff per group
- Kept isolated in activity space/room
- CBGC Sessions all young people to book online
- Each space cleaned between sessions
- No young person to be admitted entrance if showing symptoms
- Keep contact information as part of our Track and Trace System
- Adhere where possible to social distancing
- Only one person to use toilets at a time
- Young People to wash Hands on entering building and exiting
- Minimise sharing of equipment
- Clean room throughout use
- Singing to only be carried out in recording booth
- No walk-ins will be permitted for any reason
- No Mini Bus Pick Up and Drop Off Service
All youth provision being delivered by CBGC will be promoted online and pre-booking will be essential. Please view our ‘What’s On’ pages for latest timetable and information.
For our community outreach sessions we are working closely to ensure we follow all government guidelines to ensure the safety of young people, staff and member of the public and have taken the following actions;
- All young people attending the sessions must pre book
- A participant registration form must be completed prior to participation in the sessions
- Maximum of 20 young people per session
- To follow guidance from staff in sessions they are taking part in and to maintain social distancing guidance.
- For Football Activity to follow guidance from FA
- For Basketball Activity follow guidance from Basketball England
- Dance Risk Assessment has been completed
Further Reading: Government Guidelines